Why liver disease is a concern?
– Liver is said to be the Engine of the Body.
– It is responsible for digestion, metabolism and producing essential compounds for healthy body.
– Liver purifies the blood.
– Any liver disease will affect these processes which results in damaging other systems mainly digestion and immunity.
– If left untreated, will result in cirrhosis which can be fatal.
Causes for liver disorders
– Excessive over intake of alcohol and hepatitis viral infection are the main cause.
– Today’s fast lifestyle and junk foods play a vital role in causing liver diseases [NAFLD] Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in men and women equally.
How important is liver detox?
– As per WHO, every 1 in 5 Indians has liver disease (known and unnoticed).
– Liver disease does not show any signs or symptoms until it is heavily damaged.
– Hence proper liver care is important.