Marma Therapy by Veda5, Best Ayurveda Treatments in Rishikesh, Kerala & Goa, India
Marma – Vital Points of Body
Marma is a Sanskrit word which refers to any open, exposed, weak or sensitive part of the body. In Ayurveda, it is a point in the human body that’s located at the intersections of veins, muscles, joints, bones, ligaments or tendons. These points are considered to be vital points because they are infused with prana (life force energy) and are influenced by consciousness. Marma points are also stimulated by touch/massage.
Profound Affect on Body, Mind & Spirit
Marma points are an important element of Ayurveda’s healing power. These energy points profoundly affect the body, mind and spirit as well as facilitate the deepest levels of healing. Stimulating marma points directly taps into the individual’s reservoir of energy and promotes good health.
Affects Chakras, Doshas and Various Organs & Systems of Body
There are 107 major marma points in the human body (Face, head, arms, legs, abdomen, chest, back and trunk) which are connected to the seven chakras, while the minor marma points are found around the torso and the limbs. Stimulating the marma points affects the chakras and the doshas (types of energy in the body). It also stimulates the various organs and systems of the body.
Procedure of Marma Therapy
- Use the tips of your fingers to gently but firmly stimulate each marma point listed below.
- Massage each point in a clockwise circular motion for up to 5 minutes.
- Optionally, use herb-infused massage oils during your massage.
Location of Marma Points in Human Body
It’s said that there are 107 marma points in various locations around the human body:
- 11 marma points in your limbs.
- 26 marma points in your trunk.
- 37 marma points in your head and neck region.
- 33 marma points located elsewhere in your body.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Marma Therapy
- It remove blocks in energy channels called shrotas.
- It pacifies vata dosha, (air and space elements), bringing it to its normal path— especially vyana vata, (a sub-dosha which controls the autonomic nervous system.)
- It creates physical, mental and emotional flexibility. Because of ama (toxins) and because of vata, human beings after 35 or 40 years of age become rigid — and this happens to animals and plants as well. As vata increases in body, it leads to degeneration. This rigidity means becoming fixed in ideas, emotions and physical movements.
Therapeutic Benefits of Ayurvedic Marma Chikitsa
- Sciatic pain
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Muscular twitching & cramps
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Facial or Bell’s palsy
- Urinary incontinence
- Lumbar Spondilitis
- Cervical Spondilitis
- Frozen shoulder (periarthritis)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Muscular and joint pain etc.
Freedom from Pain & Suffering at Veda5
At Veda 5, we have Expert Doctors who are trained to perform Marma therapy and can help you to get freedom from pain and suffering.
World Class Ayurveda & Yoga Retreats
Veda5 Ayurveda & Yoga retreats are located in Rishikesh, Goa and Kerala. The wellness retreats are run by highly-experienced doctors and offer authentic treatments and customized care for each guest. Veda5 Yoga and Meditation retreats are led by experts and the sessions range from gentle to vigorous to stretch, strengthen, balance and improve the body and mind.
Veda5 Naturals manufactures high-quality Ayurveda and Herbal wellness products formulated in the Himalayas that are natural, non-toxic and unadulterated without synthetic and inorganic chemicals. Please explore and shop our wide range of products on www.veda5naturals.com Veda5 Naturals products also make as great gifts.
Please see the Packages menu on our website to learn in detail about Veda5’s well-designed Ayurveda and Yoga wellness and vacation packages in Rishikesh, Goa and Kerala for which our guests come from around the world to India.
Click here to learn more about wellness through traditional Ayurveda and Yoga in Rishikesh, Goa and Kerala.
Veda5 looks forward to hosting you soon!